secret to anti aging
We know that anti oxidants are slow down aging, but the secret to anti aging is not confined to anti oxidant rich organic foods alone. It has lot to do with lifestyle, genetics, climate and ethnicity. But still, these foods are the least we can do to help ourselves. Let us first see which are the
most powerful anti oxidants.
- Vitamin C: I am sure you might have guessed pretty well in advance. This anti oxidant plays the most significant role as the anti aging agent on our whole body.
- Vitamin E: This anti oxidant works particularly well on skin, hair & our reproductive system.
- Beta Carotene: This is the natural equivalent of Vitamin A. It is particularly effective on eyes & hair. Organic Carrots & Organic Yellow Fruits are supposed to be the best sources of Beta Carotene.
- Selenium: This mineral, although required in trace amounts, plays an important role in protecting cells & tissues from damages done by oxidation & free radicals. It is also helpful in prevention of Alzheimer’s disease, a common disease in old ages.
- Lutein: This compound is found to prevent Macular Degeneration, a symptom specific to aging.
- Lycopene: Once again, this Carotenoid Phytochemical protects cells & tissues from oxidation and also prevents oxidation of cholesterol. This is found in high dosages in ripe fruits.
- Anthocyanins: This cyanin compound helps keep the digestive & excretory systems in order with growing age. And as obvious, the better the digestion & excretion, the better is the health and slower is the aging.
- Ubiquinone or Coenzyme Q10: This ketone is the only lipid (fat) soluble anti oxidant that is synthesized by our body. This anti oxidant protects us from degeneration of neurons with growing age and keeps our metabolism in order. So, you can imagine it’s important.
- Alpha-lipoic acid: This anti oxidant is found to protect our internal organ systems in order and is thus beneficial for our whole body.
- Flavonoids: Flavonoids like Catechins & Quercetin are the Polyphenolic compounds that are particularly effective in preventing certain types of cancer related with age.
Some very ordinary fruits & vegetables, listed below in the decreasing order of their anti oxidant content, are rich sources of anti oxidants. Let’s have a glance.
- Organic Beans: Organic Small Red Bean has topped the list as the most anti oxidant rich food. So, but natural, it becomes the most powerful anti aging organic food as well. Organic Small Red Beans are followed by Organic Red Kidney Beans, Organic Pinto Beans and Organic Black Beans etc.
- Organic Berries: All edible organic berries, organic blue berries in particular, make the second best source ofanti oxidants. Organic Blue Berries, Organic or Wild Indian Goose Berries, Organic Black Berries, Organic Mal Berries, Organic Cranberries, Organic Straw Berries, Organic Rasp Berries etc. Among these, while Organic Blue Berries are found to be very rich in Anthocyanins, Organic Indian Goose Berries are very rich in Vitamin C. Organic Prunes, Organic Cherries & Organic Plums, although they are not exactly berries, can be put in this category. They are rich sources of anti oxidants too.
- Organic Chili Pepper: Chili peppers are the richest sources of Vitamin C. So, make your food spicy and live younger & longer.
- Organic Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits too are very-very rich in Vitamin C.
- Organic Apples: Organic Apples of all varieties, viz. Red Delicious, Golden Apples, Green Apples, Gala Apples and Granny Smith Apples are full of anti oxidants, apart from being good sources of dietary fiber.
- Organic Lettuce & Artichokes: They are full of Vitamin E and Vitamin C, apart from other minerals.
- Organic Sweet Potatoes: The coloured peels of Organic Sweet Potatoes are laden with anti oxidants, particularl Vitamin A & E.So eat your way to young and energetic lifestyle.