Although much have been known about Aloe Vera in its external benefits to treat many problems of skin like skin burn , sunburn , dryness etc. But do you know that this wonderful herb is equally beneficial when consumed or taken internally. The best way to take this aloe vera gel is in the form of Aloe Vera Juice. This juice is easily assimilated in the body in form of regular juices. More or less it is amazing for your digestive system.
Lets look into some benefits of Aloe vera juice when taken internally
- Diabetes: Recent studies have shown that compounds present in Aloe Vera gel reduces the blood glucose (triglycerides) as well as the glycosylated haemoglobin levels which is very beneficial for Diabatic patients. Further, it also reduces abnormal thirst due to its soothing sensation in diabetic patients.
- Reducing Cholesterol levels: The excessive fiber content in Aloe Vera has shown to reduce cholesterol level and in turn help patients suffering from Hypertension.
- Ulcers: Due to its soothing agents Aloe Vera juice is found to be effective in cooling inflammation and ulcerative colitis. It has also been found helpful in treating cirrhosis and hepatitis.
- Treatment of Cancer: Some recent studies suggest but not confirm that some compounds present in Aloe Vera gel helps improve immunity for fighting cancer. However this has not been proved in humans.
- Antioxidants The wide variety of anti oxidants present in Aloe Vera flush the body from free radicals and oxalates. It also helps control the pH balance of blood by counteracting the rise of acids in the blood.
- Fatigue and Tiredness: The moisturizing ability of Aloe vera helps in rehydrating the body internally and the nutirient content in them helps in reducing the chronic fatigue of the body.
Although there are many other internal benefits of Aloe Vera but they are all confined for further studies and tests, Till we have some tangible medical proof we cannot advise them as health benefits.