How to make WHIPPED BODY BUTTER WITH COCONUT OIL
I love that this coconut oil recipe only requires one (yes, one!) ingredient: coconut oil.
Anything else is completely optional.
It also only takes a few measly minutes, and you’ll have enough whipped body butter to last at least a month or two. In fact, if you get carried away, put some in an attractive jar and it makes a great gift!
Here’s what it costs:
It feels sinfully luxurious as a moisturizer, and yet an entire jar of it costs less than $2 to make if you buy your coconut oil in bulk.
What you need:
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional)
- a few drops of your favorite essential oils for fragrance
What to do:
- Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Note: Do not melt the coconut oil first. It will only whip up if it’s solid.
- Mix on high speed with a wire whisk for 6-7 minutes or until whipped into a light, airy consistency.
- Spoon the whipped coconut oil body butter into a glass jar and cover tightly. Store at room temperature, or in the refrigerator if your house is so warm it melts the oil.
Tip: An electric hand mixer will work, but my KitchenAid stand mixer did an amazing job and I was able to get other work done while it was mixing away. A blender or food processor will not work with this coconut oil recipe, because they tend to warm the oil too much and prevent it from whipping up.
Note: Your whipped coconut oil should stay relatively soft, even at colder temperatures. If it’s really cold, it will become a little more solid, but not rock hard like it normally does. I noticed mine beaded into a froth of tiny coconut oil pearls that melt right into my skin. Love it!