Homemade Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbs baking soda (You can even use less if you have super sensitive skin…)
- 1/3 cup arrow root powder (you can get this at most health foods stores ).
- 10 – 15 essential oils (optional)
- a small mixing bowl and spoon
- a small container for your finished product
1. Mix the coconut oil, baking soda, and arrow root powder in the small mixing bowl. Use the back of the spoon to help “cream” the ingredients until you have a consistency similar to deodorant.
2. Mix in essential oils. This is an optional step, but I think it makes it more fun. You can choose whatever oils you want. Some love lavendar or patchouli. My favorite is 10 drops of sweet orange and 5 drops of cinnamon.
3. Put mixture in small container (I use my cute little spatula for this step). To use simply swipe two fingers gently into the mixture and rub on your underarms. Wait two minutes before dressing to avoid any smearing on your clothes.
Note: Coconut oil melts when temperatures get warmer. Some people like to keep their deodorant in the fridge during warm months. I don’t bother since I can still use it… even if it gets a bit melty during those hotter months.
next page: Homemade Deodorant that Lasts ALL Day