How to make KEY LIME WHIPPED COCONUT OIL BODY BUTTER
(Makes About 1 Cup of Whipped Coconut Oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or try castor oil)
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 20 drops lime essential oil
- 20 drops lemon essential oil
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Note: Do not melt the coconut oil first. It will only whip up if it’s solid.
- Mix with an electric mixer on high speed with a wire whisk attachment for 3-7 minutes or until whipped into a light, airy consistency. (After 3 minutes, check back every minute or so until it reaches the right consistency.)
- Spoon the whipped coconut oil body butter into a glass jar and cover tightly. Store at room temperature, or in the refrigerator if your house is so warm it melts the oil.
Tip: An electric hand mixer will work, but my KitchenAid stand mixer did the job quickly and easily with little effort on my part (love it!). A blender or food processor will not work with this coconut oil recipe, because they tend to warm the oil too much and prevent it from whipping up. If your coconut oil is too soft to whip, try putting the bowl in the freezer for a few minutes before mixing.
next page: Homemade Coconut Oil Hand Scrub